|Consider a Shelter Pet|
How can you make a difference?
1. Spay and neuter every pet in your home. If cost is a factor, consider a low cost spay and neuter clinic.
2. Be an advocate for animals. Explain to neighbors with animals the importance of spaying and neutering.
3. Do not take pets from backyard breeders, people on Craig's list without a proper license. Report them to the Department of Agriculture's Animal Protection Section. THese peope, aware or unawre add significantly to the problem. http://agr.georgia.gov/ 800-282-5852 Ext 4914 or 404-656-4914
4. Look at the local shelter when you are ready for a pet. Even pedigrees are available.
5. Volunteer your time to help a rescue group, local shelter or a low cost spay and neuter clinic. Even
children and teenagers are valuable when it comes to help.
Marietta Vet Clinic, veterinarian +Julian Peckich DVM and staff are happy to answer questions you may have concerning spaying and neutering a pet. It takes all of us to make a difference.