- Many people are not aware that a dogs normal body temperature
is between 100.5 to around 102.5
A Few Interesting Facts about Dogs!
- Female dogs only carry their puppies for about 60 days till birth.
- Most adult dogs have forty two teeth at maturity.
- 1 in 3 families in the United States own dogs.
- The only sweat glands dogs have are in between their paw pads.
- The most popular dog names are Maggie, Molly, Jack and Max.
- All Dalmatians are born pure white.
- Puppies are born toothless, blind and deaf and very dependent on their mothers.
- Dogs develop the touch sense first because their bodies including paws have super sensitive nerve endings.
- It takes eighteen or muscle for a dog to move its ears.
- There is an estimate of five hundred million or more dogs around the world.
- The United States has the highest population of dogs in the world.
- Dogs have lived with humans for approximately for over fourteen thousand years.
- The average dog can run about nineteen miles per hour.
- Greyhounds are the fastest dogs on earth averaging at a speed of forty five miles per hour.
- The most popular breed of dog in the United States is a Labrador retriever.
- Dogs smelling sense is greater than one thousand times better than a human.
- Dog urine can help other dogs determine whether the dog is leaving a male/female or young/old or healthy/sick or angry/happy type of message.
- Dogs are as smart as a three year old and can understand between 150 and 200 words or signals.
- The beagle and collie are known to be the nosiest dogs.
- The most intelligent dogs are known to be the Poodle and Border Collie.
- The least intelligent dogs are the Basenji and Afghan hound.
- There are many great and interesting facts about dogs which makes them very unique.
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Interesting Dog Facts That You Probably Don't Know
Marietta Vet Clinic and veterinarian, +Julian Peckich DVM are happy to welcome new pets to the animal clinic. Pet vaccinations, dog vaccinations, cat vaccinations available.